September is Campus Safety Awareness Month. Keep your student safe by following these electrical safety tips:
- Don’t overload extension cords, power strips, or outlets.
- Use power strips with over-current protectors. This will shut the power off automatically if there is too much current being drawn.
- Watch out for hot electrical outlets. If an outlet becomes too hot to touch, there is potential for a fire. Unplug everything from the outlet and notify the landlord or dorm officials immediately.
Learn more campus safety tips by visiting the Safe Electricity website.